blog

Florida’s “no fault” insurance status means that you have to file a claim with your own insurance carrier first for compensation for your injuries and any other damages. Florida’s required Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Insurance only covers 80% of your injuries, and when you need to recover the other 20%, you will have to file a claim with the negligent driver’s bodily injury coverage. Unfortunately, if that person carries no bodily injury insurance or an insufficient amount of said insurance and cannot cover the costs of your injuries, you may have to look to your own uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage. An experienced attorney can help you navigate these situations to determine how and where to ...

Read more

temp-post-image

INSURANCE RATES

Read more

temp-post-image

Most people realize the dangers of driving under the influence as well as the dangers inherent in talking or texting while driving. There is another danger on Florida’s roadways, however, that motorists should be aware of – drowsy driving. In fact, many experts believe that a drowsy driver presents a danger to other motorists that are equal to that of a drunk driver.

Read more

temp-post-image

Distracted driving has been a problem on the nation’s roadways since the automobile became a common form of transportation. In the 21st century, however, distracted driving has become a heightened risk to everyone on the nation’s roadways as a result of the increased use of handheld electronic devices.

Read more

temp-post-image

Florida is among the growing number of states that operate under a “no-fault” insurance system. If you have been involved in a collision in Florida, understanding the basics of the Florida no-fault system is essential.

Read more

temp-post-image

The area of personal injury law encompasses far more than what most people realize. Typically, people envision a car wreck when they hear the term “personal injury accident.” While motor vehicles collisions certainly do fall within the purview of personal injury law, so do many other types if injury accidents. Slip and fall accidents, for instance, are also personal injury accidents.

Just as people have a pre-conceived notion of what a personal injury accident is, they also often have a negative impression of the term “slip and fall” accident. Despite what you may have heard, slip and fall accidents are legitimate personal injuries that can cause a victim to suffer serious, even fatal, injuries.

In short, a slip ...

Read more

temp-post-image

Most of us purchase insurance to gain peace of mind that we will be covered if we are injured or if we accidentally injure someone else. That is why it is so important to make sure your application for insurance is 100 percent accurate. One false answer on your application — even if it was unintentional — can void your insurance coverage, leaving you financially liable for any damages.

Insurance applications come in all shapes and sizes. Some are short and fairly straightforward, with only a few simple questions. Others are page after page of in-depth questions and medical histories. In situations in which a question is confusing or vague, you should seek clarification in writing by your insurance agent. Do not rely on a ver...

Read more

temp-post-image

If you have been involved in an automobile accident and have sustained damages or injuries, contacting an attorney can be an important first step in maximizing your settlement. After you set up your initial consultation with your attorney, you should gather all the materials that are relevant to your case so that your attorney will have the most information possible to evaluate your case. The more information your attorney has about your case, the more accurately he or she will be able to assess your claim.

Here are some of the documents you should bring to your initial meeting with your attorney:

  • A copy of your insurance policy.

  • Any correspondence you have received from your insurance company or the other driver’s insurance company.

  • Police reports documenting the accident.

  • Photographs from the scene of the accident, damage to vehicles, or physical injuries.

  • Names and contact information of the other parties involved and witnesses.

  • Medical records documenting any injuries you may have sustained due to the accident.

  • Any other documentation related to your accident.

The information you bring to document your case will help to facilitate a fruitful first meeting with your attorney.

Read more